Interview of Dorothy Healey
Chair of the Southern California chapter of the Communist Party.
- Interviews conducted by Constance Coiner for book Better Red
- Social MovementsLiteratureCommunist PartyLabor Movement
- Biographical Note:
- Chair of the Southern California chapter of the Communist Party.
- Healey, Dorothy
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Constance Coiner; Ph.D., American Studies, UCLA. Associate Professor of English at Binghamton University.
- Series Statement:
- These interviews were conducted by Constance Coiner, a faculty member at SUNY Binghampton and a former graduate student at UCLA, as background for her book Better Red: The Writing and Resistance of Tillie Olsen and Meridel Le Sueur. They were donated to UCLA after her death by her husband, Stephen Duarte.