Interview of Lynn Jeffries
Member of the Cornerstone Theater Company ensemble. Puppeteer and costume and set designer.
- Community-Engaged Theater in Los Angeles
- Jeffries, Lynn
- Persons Present:
- Jeffries and Collings.
- Place Conducted:
- Jeffries's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library’s Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Jane Collings, principal editor and interviewer, UCLA Center for Oral History Research; Ph.D., Critical Studies in Film and Television, UCLA. Collings prepared for the interview by reviewing archival material on the history of the company located at the Cornerstone Theater Company office.
- Processing of Interview:
- The transcript is a verbatim transcription of the recording. It was transcribed by a professional transcribing agency using a list of proper names and specialized terminology supplied by the interviewer. Jeffries was then given an opportunity to review the transcript but made no corrections or additions.
- 9 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- The Community-Engaged Theater in Los Angeles series seeks to document the work of a grouping of theater companies in Los Angeles whose mission combines an artistic focus with explicit attention to social justice and community building. The companies included use a working method that seeks creative input from the communities in which they are staging work and make concerted efforts to solicit feedback from audiences regarding the political and social themes of the work once staged. As well, these companies have received acclaim and recongition from the theater world. Companies included in the series, once it is complete, will include Cornerstone Theater Company, Watts Village Theater Company, Los Angeles Poverty Department and East L.A. Rep.