Interview of Stephanie Monroe
- Making Democracy Matter: Identity and Activism in Los Angeles
- Social MovementsLabor Movement
- Monroe, Stephanie
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- These interviews were conducted by UCLA professor Karen Brodkin and are part of a larger study of a cohort of labor and immigrant worker organizers in Los Angeles who began their activism in the latter 1990s. The interviews deal with the life paths that led interviewees to full-time activism and with their visions of social justice. The book resulting from this project is Making Democracy Matter: Identity and Activism in Los Angeles (2007, Rutgers University Press). Additional interviews in this series can be accessed through UCLA Library's Department of Special Collections.