Interview of Pat O'Neill
Experimental filmmaker. California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) founding faculty member and associate dean.
- Film and Television
- O'Neill, Pat
- Persons Present:
- O'Neill and Collings.
- Place Conducted:
- O'Neill's home in Pasadena, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Jane Collings, Series Coordinator and Principal Editor, UCLA Center for Oral History Research; B.A., communications, Antioch College; M.A., communications, University of Iowa; Ph.D., critical studies, UCLA. Collings prepared for the interview by viewing O'Neill's films, video work and paintings and reviewing material on the history and criticism of the avant-garde film movement in the United States.
- Processing of Interview:
- Patrick Keilty, editorial assistant, compiled the table of contents. Collings assembled the interview history and supplied the spellings of proper nouns and the complete names entered in brackets in the text. O' Neill did not review the transcript and consequently some proper names remain unverified.
- 8 hrs.
- Interviewee Retained Copyright