Interview of Harold Jackson
Jazz bass player.
- Central Avenue Sounds: Harold Jackson
- Central Avenue Sounds Oral History Project
- African American HistoryMusic
- Biographical Note:
- Jazz bass player.
- Jackson, Harold
- Persons Present:
- Jackson and Isoardi.
- Place Conducted:
- Jackson's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Steven Isoardi; B.A.; Government, University of San Francisco; M.A., Political Science, UCLA; Ph.D., Political Science, UCLA. Isoardi prepared for the interview by consulting jazz histories, autobiographies, oral histories, relevant jazz periodicals, documentary films, and back issues of California Eagle and the Los Angeles Sentinel.
- Processing of Interview:
- Jackson did not review the transcript. Therefore, some proper nouns remain unverified. Michelle Weiss, editorial assistant, complied the table of contents, interview history, and guide to proper names.
- 4.25 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement: