Interview of Lucy Killea
San Diego City Council member from 1978 to 1982. California assembly member from 1982 to 1989, 1992 to 1996.
- California State Archives State Government Oral History Program: Interview with Lucy Killea
- California State Archives State Government Oral History Program
- Politics and Government
- Biographical Note:
- San Diego City Council member from 1978 to 1982. California assembly member from 1982 to 1989, 1992 to 1996.
- Killea, Lucy
- Persons Present:
- Killea and Yates.
- Place Conducted:
- Killea's office in San Diego, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Susan Douglass Yates, Senior Writer, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., History, UC Santa Cruz; M.A., History, California State University, Sacramento. In preparing for the interview, Yates conducted research in the California Journal, Statement of Vote, Assembly Final History, Senate Final History, and several State Government Oral History Program interviews. Yates also consulted news clipping files at the San Diego Public Library and reviewed general files at the Women's History Reclamation Project in San Diego.
- Processing of Interview:
- Daniel Lee, editorial assistant, UCLA Oral History Program, checked the verbatim manuscript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spellings, and verified proper names. Insertions by the editor are bracketed. Susan Douglass Yates prepared the table of contents and the interviewer prepared the table of contents, biographical summary, and interview history. Killea reviewed the edited transcript and returned it with only minor corrections.
- Series Statement:
- Interviews in this series were undertaken by the UCLA Oral History Program under the auspices of the California State Archives and in conjunction with the California State University, Fullerton, Oral History Program; California State University, Sacramento, Center for California Studies Oral History Program; Claremont Graduate School Oral History Program; and the University of California, Berkeley, Regional Oral History Office. Funds were allocated to the state archives after Governor George Deukmejian signed into law Assembly Bill 2104 (Chapter 965 of the Statutes of 1985), establishing a state government oral history program "to provide through the use of oral history a continuing documentation of state policy development as reflected in California's legislative and executive history." All interviews in the series are available at the California State Archives in Sacramento.