Interview of Jean Trapnell
Member of the Family School Alliance of the UCLA University Elementary School (UES).
- The Parents' View of UES
- UCLA and University of California HistoryUCLA University Elementary School
- Biographical Note:
- Member of the Family School Alliance of the UCLA University Elementary School (UES).
- Trapnell, Jean
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewee Retained Copyright
- Membership in Family School Alliance of University Elementary School (UES), UCLA; struggle with Los Angeles City School Board and conservative elements in community to preserve UES; election of Eleanor Allen to school board; UES evicted from Warner Avenue location, 1945; relocation on UCLA campus; community attacks on progressive education; support for Corinne Seeds's methods at UES; Family School Alliance relations with UCLA School of Education; Jesse A. Bond; Edwin A. Lee; use of temporary buildings in new location; campaign for permanent buildings for UCLA site; role of Edward A. Dickson; David Noyes; John W. Caughey; university administrators Clarence A. Dykstra and Robert Gordon Sproul; dealing with California legislature; Harold K. Levering; Joseph C. Shell.