Interview of Marina Goldovskaya
Russian American director, writer, and cinematographer of documentary film. Professor Emerita, UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television.
- Out of the Seventies: Women in Film and Video: Marina Goldovskaya
- Out of the Seventies: L. A. Women in Film and Video
- Film and Television
- Goldovskaya, Marina
- Persons Present:
- Goldovskaya and Collings.
- Place Conducted:
- Goldovskaya's office at UCLA.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Jane Collings, interviewer and senior editor, Center for Oral History Research. B.A., Communications, Antioch College; M.A., Communications, University of Iowa; Ph.D., Critical Studies, UCLA. Collings prepared for the interview by viewing Goldovskaya's films and reading interviews that Goldovskaya had given previously about her work.
- Processing of Interview:
- Collings compiled the table of contents and interview history and supplied the spellings of proper nouns and the complete names entered in brackets in the text. Goldovskaya reviewed the transcript. She verified proper names, made a number of corrections and additions, and provided the resume at the front of the transcript.
- 7.5 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- Interviews in this series were conducted with filmmakers and artists in the area of feminist media and art of the seventies in Los Angeles.