Interview of Robert Campbell
- Town and Gown Booksellers
- Westwood Pioneers
- Books and Fine Printing
- Campbell, Robert
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This series was conducted and funded by Gold Shield Alumnae of UCLA. Its interviews with business owners, members of the Westwood community, and early UCLA campus leaders tell the story of UCLA’s move to Westwood in 1929 and describe the early history of Westwood Village.
- TAPE NUMBER: VIII, Side One (March 3, 1975) Licensing of booksellers as junk dealers--The sale to Brentano's--Irritations--Changes--Charge accounts--Service in stores--Viviane Brill--Alice Berry--Reactions of friends and neighbors--Competition in children's books--The future of Brentano's.