Interview of Dennis Storer
UCLA’s first head coach for the men’s soccer and the men’s rugby teams. Interviewed because of connection to J.D. Morgan, UCLA tennis coach and athletic director.
- Right Man at the Right Time: J. D. Morgan
- Right Man at the Right Time: J.D. Morgan
- SportsUCLA and University of California HistoryUCLA Intercollegiate Athletics Staff
- Storer, Dennis
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This series documents the contribution of UCLA Athletics Coach J.D. Morgan through interviews with individuals who had worked with Morgan both inside and outside the UCLA community.
- Dennis Storer on his memories of J. D. Morgan: Job interview with Morgan; Upgrading soccer to NCAA level; Working atmosphere in UCLA athletic department; Morgan’s support of non-income-producing sports; Decision-making style; As orator; Strategies for dealing with Morgan as supervisor; Personal contact with and support from Morgan; Personal contact with Morgan; Morgan’s success; Design of Drake Stadium; Integrating rugby and soccer into overall program; Importance of success and winning to Morgan; Departmental budgeting; Morgan’s working relationship with Storer; Procedures and conduct in athletic department under Morgan.