Interview of Stafford L. Warren (Regent Edward A. Dickson)
Dean of the UCLA School of Medicine. Interviewed because of connection to UCLA Regent Edward A. Dickson.
- The Godfather of UCLA”: Regent Edward A. Dickson
- "The Godfather of UCLA": Regent Edward A. Dickson
- UCLA and University of California HistoryUC Regents
- Biographical Note:
- Dean of the UCLA School of Medicine. Interviewed because of connection to UCLA Regent Edward A. Dickson.
- Warren, Stafford L.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewee Retained Copyright
- Series Statement:
- This series contains reminiscences of individuals who knew University of California Regent Edward A. Dickson.
- Stafford L. Warren on his memories of Edward A. Dickson: First meeting Dickson; Edwin Janss; John Anson Ford and site selection for medical school; Dickson's influence with Ernest E. Debs and Phil Davis in legislature; architect David Allison; Dickson's opposition to locating neuro-psychiatric unit on UCLA campus; Frank Tallman, head of California Department of Mental Hygiene; Helen M. Laughlin; Edwin Pauley; Marion Davies's contribution to medical school; Dickson's support for the arts; Vern O. Knudsen; Isaac Jones; Edwin and Guy Earl; Lincoln Club; Neylan and other regents; loyalty oath issue; Wilhelmina Dickson as stabilizing influence in Dickson's life; Allen, Coffman, and Dickson.