Interview of Susan Mogul
Video artist partially trained at the Feminist Studio Workshop at CalArts and at the Woman’s Building, Los Angeles, working closely with Judy Chicago.
- Susan Mogul: An Oral History
- Out of the Seventies: L. A. Women in Film and Video
- Film and Television
- Mogul, Susan
- Persons Present:
- Mogul and Collings.
- Place Conducted:
- Mogul's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Jane Collings, interviewer and senior editor, Center for Oral History Research. B.A., Communications, Antioch College; M.A., Communications, University of Iowa; Ph.D., Critical Studies, UCLA. Collings prepared for the interview by viewing Mogul's work and reading selected articles on Mogul's work and its context.
- Processing of Interview:
- Collings compiled the table of contents and interview history and supplied the spellings of proper nouns and the complete names entered in brackets in the text. Mogul reviewed the transcript. She verified proper names, made a number of corrections and additions, and provided the biographical material at the front of the transcript.
- 10 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- Interviews in this series were conducted with filmmakers and artists in the area of feminist media and art of the seventies in Los Angeles.