Interview of Margaret Winkler
Employee at the Westwood Book Store.
- The Westwood Book Store oral history transcript : James K. Hakes, Herbert Meyers, Betty Rosenberg, Lore Sabersky, Margaret Winkler
- Westwood Book Store
- Books and Fine Printing
- Biographical Note:
- Employee at the Westwood Book Store.
- Winkler, Margaret
- Place Conducted:
- Westwood Book Store in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Stephen Stern, senior editor, UCLA Oral History Program; Ph.D., folklore and mythology, Indiana University.
- Processing of Interview:
- Virginia Carew, editor, UCLA Oral History Program, edited the interview transcripts. She edited for punctuation, spelling, and verification of proper names. Winkler reviewed and approved the edited transcript. Winkler made minor corrections and deletions and supplied spellings of names not previously verified. David P. Gist, editorial assistant, prepared the table of contents, introduction, interview history, and the index.
- 1.5 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This interview series consists of interviews with five individuals who were involved in the history of the Westwood Book Store. The interviews discuss the store’s role in Westwood Village, its relationship to UCLA, and the issues involved in the day-to-day operation of a retail bookshop.
- Margaret Winkler: Customer anecdotes; Westwood Book Store's appeal.