Interview of Joseph J. Jacobs
President, CEO, and chair of Jacobs Engineering Group.
- Entrepreneurs of the West: Joseph J. Jacobs
- Entrepreneurs of the West
- Jacobs, Joseph J.
- Persons Present:
- Jacobs and Eranki.
- Place Conducted:
- Jacobs's office at the Jacobs Engineering Group in Pasadena, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Jayanth Eranki; B.S., Industrial and Mechanical Engineering, University of Mysore, India; M.S., Manufacturing Engineering, University of Massachusetts; M.B.A., John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA. Eranki prepared for the interview by reviewing materials provided by Jacobs, including a resume and information available at the Eugene and Maxine Rosenfeld Library at UCLA. Series interviewers' topics and questions were drawn from a uniform outline developed by the Price Center and Dr. Osborne.
- Processing of Interview:
- David Wood, editorial assistant, edited the interview. He checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Jacobs reviewed the transcript. He verified proper names and made minor corrections and additions. Jane Collings, senior editor, prepared the table of contents. Wood assembled the biographical summary and interview history. Daniel Ryan, editorial assistant, compiled the index.
- 5 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This series is a cooperative venture between the Oral History Program and the MBA Program in UCLA's John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management and has been further supported by the Price Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies.