Interview of James A. Collins
Owner of Hamburger Hangout. CEO and Southern California representative of Kentucky Fried Chicken. CEO of Sizzler Family Steak House and Sizzler International.
- Entrepreneurs of the West: James A. Collins
- Entrepreneurs of the West
- Collins, James A.
- Persons Present:
- Collins and Neidorf-Weinstein.
- Place Conducted:
- Collin's office in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Andrea Neidorf-Weinstein; B.A., Political Science, Tufts University; M.A., International Affairs, Communications, and Asian Studies, Columbia University; M.B.A, John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA. Neidorf-Weinstein prepared for the interview by reviewing materials provided by Collins including a resume and information available at the Eugene and Maxine Rosenfeld Library at UCLA. Series interviewers' topics and questions were drawn from a uniform outline developed by the Price Center and Dr. Osborne.
- Processing of Interview:
- David Wood, editor, edited the interview. He checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Collins reviewed the transcript. He verified proper names and made minor corrections and additions. Jane Collings, senior editor, prepared the table of contents, biographical summary, and interview history. Daniel Ryan, editorial assistant, assembled the index.
- 4.85 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This series is a cooperative venture between the Oral History Program and the MBA Program in UCLA's John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management and has been further supported by the Price Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies.