Interview of Robert Smith
- Los Angeles Institute of Contemporary Art: The First Ten Years
- Smith, Robert
- viii, 172 leaves : index.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This series documents the history of the Los Angeles Institute of Contemporary Art (LAICA) from its founding in 1974 into the early 1980s, LAICA closed several years after these interviews were completed.
- Early stages of Los Angeles Institute of Contemporary Art (LAICA); the organization of LAICA; LAICA as a space for emerging artists; the late seventies as the height of the "alternative space" movement; role of LAICA in providing "alternative spaces" movement; on Robert Smith's tenure as director of LAICA; documenting the history of modern art in Southern California; LAICA's first show, Nine Senior Southern California Painters.