Interview of Ernest Fleischmann (1999-2000)
Executive director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic and general director of the Hollywood Bowl.
- Oral History with Ernest Fleischmann
- Fleischmann, Ernest
- Persons Present:
- Fleischmann and Cline.
- Place Conducted:
- Fleischmann's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Alex Cline, senior writer, UCLA Oral History Program; musician. Cline prepared for the interview by Cline consulted numerous articles on and by Fleischmann, materials pertaining to Fleischmann's work supplied by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Archive, and books on conductors, orchestra managers, and the business side of classical music.
- Processing of Interview:
- Victoria Simmons, editorial assistant, edited the interview. She checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Fleischmann reviewed the transcript. He verified proper names and made minor corrections and additions. Cline prepared the table of contents and interview history. Simmons assembled the biographical summary. Gail Ostergren, editorial assistant, compiled the index.
- 26.75 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.