Interview of Stephanie Rothman
Feminist film director known for The Student Nurses(1970) and The Velvet Vampire(1971) for New World Pictures. Co-founder of Dimension Pictures , making Group Marriage (1973), Terminal Island (1973), The Working Girls (1974).
- Out of the Seventies: Women in Film and Video
- Out of the Seventies: L. A. Women in Film and Video
- Film and Television
- Rothman, Stephanie
- Persons Present:
- Rothman and Collings.
- Place Conducted:
- Rothman's home in Sherman Oaks of Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Jane Collings, interviewer and senior editor, Center for Oral History Research. B.A., Communications, Antioch College; M.A., Communications, University of Iowa; Ph.D., Critical Studies, UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- Margaret Lamont, editorial assistant, and Victoria Simmons, editor, edited the interview. They checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editors have been bracketed. Stephanie Rothman reviewed the transcript. She verified and made few corrections and additions. Victoria Simmons prepared the table of contents, the biographical summary, and the interview history. Laura Wyrick, editorial assistant, compiled the index.
- 8.3 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- Interviews in this series were conducted with filmmakers and artists in the area of feminist media and art of the seventies in Los Angeles.