Interview of Johanna Demetrakas
Documentary filmmaker and editor, known in part for Womanhouse (1974) and Right Out of History: The Making of Judy Chicago’s Dinner Party (1980).
- Out of the Seventies: Women in Film and Video
- Out of the Seventies: L. A. Women in Film and Video
- Film and Television
- Demetrakas, Johanna
- Persons Present:
- Demetrakas and Collings.
- Place Conducted:
- Demetrakas's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Jane Collings, interviewer and senior editor, Center for Oral History Research. B.A., Communications, Antioch College; M.A., Communications, University of Iowa; Ph.D., Critical Studies, UCLA. Collings prepared for the interview by viewing work by Demetrakas.
- Processing of Interview:
- Michelle Weis, editorial assistant, compiled the table of contents, interview history, and guide to proper names. Demetrakas reviewed the transcript. She verified proper names and made a few corrections and additions.
- 8 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- Interviews in this series were conducted with filmmakers and artists in the area of feminist media and art of the seventies in Los Angeles.