Interview of Myron C. Nutting
Artist, muralist, and educator.
- An Artist's Life and Travels
- Biographical Note:
- Artist, muralist, and educator.
- Nutting, Myron C.
- Persons Present:
- Nutting, Muriel Nutting, and Schippers.
- Place Conducted:
- Nutting's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Donald J. Schippers, Interviewer-Editor, Oral History Program, UCLA; B.A., UCLA; M.A., American history, Occidental College; M.L.S., library service, UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- A verbatim transcript of the tapes was edited by the interviewer and by Bernard Galm, Senior Editor, Oral History Program. The editing was minor in nature; punctuation was introduced, spelling corrected, syntax slightly emended. There was extensive verification of personal names. The chronology of the interview was retained, with no rearrangement of the material. Nutting reviewed the edited transcript with the assistance of his wife, Muriel, who also helped in compiling the table of contents in this manuscript. Nutting deleted repetitive material and in certain sections some changes were made. The use of brackets by the editor indicates words and phrases that were not spoken on the tape. The index and introduction were prepared by Joel Gardner, Assistant Editor, Oral History Program.
- 50 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.