Interview of Martha Deane
UCLA professor of physical education and director of the women's division of the Department of Physical Education.
- Dance Education at UCLA
- UCLA and University of California HistoryUCLA FacultyDance
- Deane, Martha
- Persons Present:
- Deane and Schippers.
- Place Conducted:
- Deane's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Donald J. Schippers, Interviewer-Editor, Oral History Program, UCLA; B.A., UCLA; M.A., American history, Occidental College; M.L.S., library service, UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- A verbatim transcript of the tapes was edited by the interviewer. The editing was minor in nature; punctuation was introduced, spelling corrected or verified, syntax slightly emended. The chronology of the interviews was retained, with no rearrangement of the material. The interviewee reviewed and approved the edited manuscript. Deane added short passages where additional information or clarification was deemed necessary. Occasional words and. phrases were changed or deleted, and proper names verified. The use of brackets indicates words and inserted passages that were not part of the original tapescript. The index and supporting documents were prepared by Bernard Galm, Editor-Interviewer, Oral History Program, UCLA.
- 8 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.