Interview of Ward Ritchie
Printer, book collector, and writer. Co-founder of the Rounce & Coffin Club.
- Printing and Publishing in Southern California
- Books and Fine Printing
- Ritchie, Ward
- Place Conducted:
- Ritchie's home in Pasadena, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Elizabeth I. Dixon, Head, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., international relations, University of Southern California: M.L.S., UCLA School of Library Service.
- Processing of Interview:
- Bernard Galm edited the interview. The index was compiled by Mrs. Adelaide G. Schippers. Editing was completed September 23, 1967 The edited manuscript represents a verbatim transcript of the taped interviews. Only minor emendations for spelling, punctuation and clarity were made. An audit-edit was done to check the accuracy of the tape transcript. The manuscript reflects the sequence in which the interviews were conducted. The edited manuscript was brought to the interviewee for his review in October 1967, which he completed in January 1969. He did not make significant changes in the original wording but did add considerably to the material recorded at the interviews. The use of brackets in the manuscript indicates words not actually spoken by the interviewee.
- 31.5 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.