Interview of Max Bookman
District engineer for the California State Department of Water Resources.
- Max Bookman: Consulting Civil Engineer
- Oral History of California Water Resources Development
- Urban Planning and Land UseWater Resources
- Bookman, Max
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- 2 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This series had its origin in a grant from the University of California Water resources Center in 1965. The project was a joint effort by the UCLA Oral History Program and the Regional Oral History Office, University of California, Berkeley. For some years after the close of the grant period, limited interviewing in this area continued.
- Early interest in engineering; education at University of California, Berkeley; work for United States Geological Survey; construction of All-American Canal for United States Bureau of Reclamation; reconstruction work on Sacramento River Flood Control Project of California Division of Water Resources; district engineer in Southern California for state Department of Water Resources; development of Riverside County Flood Control and Water Conservation District; supervision of Studies for California Water Plan and Feather River Project; partnership in private consulting firm, Bookman and Edmonston, since 1959; discussion of water litigation in Southern California.