Interview of Richard J. Alatorre
California assembly member from 1973 to 1985. 14th district Los Angeles city council member from 1985 to 1999.
- Richard J. Alatorre
- California State Archives State Government Oral History Program
- Politics and Government
- Biographical Note:
- California assembly member from 1973 to 1985. 14th district Los Angeles city council member from 1985 to 1999.
- Alatorre, Richard J.
- Persons Present:
- Alatorre and Vasquez.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Carlos Vasquez, Director, UCLA State Government Interview Series, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., Political Science, UCLA; M.A., Political Science, Stanford University; Ph.D. candidate, History, UCLA.
- Series Statement:
- Interviews in this series were undertaken by the UCLA Oral History Program under the auspices of the California State Archives and in conjunction with the California State University, Fullerton, Oral History Program; California State University, Sacramento, Center for California Studies Oral History Program; Claremont Graduate School Oral History Program; and the University of California, Berkeley, Regional Oral History Office. Funds were allocated to the state archives after Governor George Deukmejian signed into law Assembly Bill 2104 (Chapter 965 of the Statutes of 1985), establishing a state government oral history program "to provide through the use of oral history a continuing documentation of state policy development as reflected in California's legislative and executive history." All interviews in the series are available at the California State Archives in Sacramento.