Interview of Conrad Buff
Artist and co-creator with his wife, Mary Buff, of illustrated children’s book.
- Conrad Buff: Artist
- Biographical Note:
- Artist and co-creator with his wife, Mary Buff, of illustrated children’s book.
- Buff, Conrad
- Persons Present:
- Buff and Dixon; occasionally Mrs. Buff Joined the sessions mainly in those portions relating to her work.
- Place Conducted:
- Buffs' home in Pasadena, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Elizabeth I. Dixon, Oral History Program, UCLA; B.A., international relations, USC, M.L.S., library service, UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- The transcripts were edited by Adelaide Tusler, Oral History Program, UCLA. M.L.S., Library Service, UCLA. In 1965, a verbatim transcription of the tapes was made. In 1968, the editor completed an audit-edit of this manuscript, introducing punctuation, emending syntax very slightly, and verifying name spellings. This material is presented in the order in which it was recorded, and faithfully reflects the interview itself. Mr. and Mrs. Buff reviewed and approved the edited manuscript, from which this final version was typed. They made only minor changes in words and phrases. The index was prepared by Jack Vaughn.
- 10 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.