Interview of William J. Fadiman
Story editor and producer.
- Studio Memories
- Social MovementsCommunist PartyFilm and Television
- Biographical Note:
- Story editor and producer.
- Fadiman, William J.
- Persons Present:
- Fadiman and Ceplair.
- Place Conducted:
- Fadiman's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Larry Ceplair, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., economics, UCLA; Ph.D., history, University of Wisconsin-Madison; Co-author, The Inquisition in Hollywood: Politics in the Film Industry, 1930-1960. As no archival sources were available to the interviewer, Ceplair prepared for the interview by obtaining background information from Who's Who in America and the biographical file at the Margaret Herrick Library of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. He also read Fadiman's published works.
- Processing of Interview:
- Maggie Michaelson, Gold Shield intern, edited the interview. She checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Fadiman reviewed the transcript. He verified proper names and made minor corrections. Alex Cline, editor, prepared the table of contents and interview history. Lisa Magee, editorial assistant, assembled the biographical summary. Peter Limbrick, editorial assistant, compiled the index.
- 1.75 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.