Interview of Jean Burt Reilly
Motion picture hair stylist.
- Jean Burt Reilly: Motion Picture Hairstylist
- Film and Television
- Reilly, Jean Burt
- Place Conducted:
- Craig Stevens and Alexis Smith's home in North Hollywood, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Elizabeth I. Dixon, Librarian of the Office of Oral History, UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- The tapescript was edited by Mr. Bernard Galm and indexed by Mrs. Adelaide G. Tusler.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Early interest in dramatics; at Max Factor's in wig and makeup departments; hairstylist, Warner Brothers, 1941; principles of studio hairstyling; hairstyling for period productions; reminiscences about Clint Walker, Craig Stevens, Tom Reilly, Miriam Hopkins, Bette Davis, James Garner; organization and operation of a studio makeup department.