Interview of Pratapaditya Pal
Immigrant from India and senior curator at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Acting director and curator at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Scholar, Writer, and Curator of Indian Art: Pratapaditya Pal
- Biographical Note:
- Immigrant from India and senior curator at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Acting director and curator at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Pal, Pratapaditya
- Persons Present:
- Pal and Rikala.
- Place Conducted:
- Pal's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Taina Rikala de Noriega, B.A., art history and environmental studies, UC Santa Cruz; M.Sc., architecture, University College, London; Ph.D., urban planning, UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- David P. Gist, editor, edited the interview. He checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Pal reviewed the transcript. He verified proper names and made minor corrections and additions. Alex Cline, editor, prepared the table of contents. Gist prepared the biographical summary and interview history. Lisa Magee, editorial assistant, compiled the index.
- 15.75 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.