Interview of John Lautner (1994)
Fellow in the Taliesin Fellowship under Frank Lloyd Wright. Southern California architect.
- John Lautner
- Frank Lloyd Wright Oral History Program -Design Heritage Project
- Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Design
- Lautner, John
- Persons Present:
- Lautner and Valentine.
- Place Conducted:
- Lautner's home in Hollywood, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Maggie Valentine, Assistant Professor, School of Architecture, University of Texas at San Antonio; B.A., American History, California State University, Northridge; Ph.D., School of Architecture and Urban Planning, UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- Rebecca Stone, editorial assistant, edited the interview. She checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Lautner reviewed the transcript. He verified proper names and made minor corrections. Betsy A. Ryan, editor, prepared the table of contents. Stone compiled the interview history and index. Jacqueline Wester, editorial assistant, assembled the biographical summary.
- 1 hr.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This project is a cooperative, interdisciplinary, inter-institutional effort by the Oral History Program, State Historical Society of Wisconsin, Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, and Frank Lloyd Wright Archives, and is intended to preserve the recollections of selected former associates of Frank Lloyd Wright from 1932 to 1959. It is funded in part by a grant from the Design Arts Program of the National Endowment for the Arts.