Interview of William Beye Fyfe
Fellow in the Taliesin Fellowship under Frank Lloyd Wright. Illinois architect.
- William Beye Fyfe
- Frank Lloyd Wright Oral History Program -Design Heritage Project
- Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Design
- Fyfe, William Beye
- Persons Present:
- Tapes I to V: Fyfe and Valentine; Tape VI: Fyfe, Mary Fyfe, and Valentine.
- Place Conducted:
- Fyfe's home in Woodstock, Illinois.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Maggie Valentine, Assistant Professor, School of Architecture, University of Texas at San Antonio; B.A., American History, California State University, Northridge; Ph.D., School of Architecture and Urban Planning, UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- Rebecca Stone, editorial assistant, edited the interview. She checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Fyfe reviewed the transcript. He verified proper names and made minor corrections and additions. Betsy A. Ryan, editor, prepared the table of contents. Rebecca Mead, editorial assistant, assembled the biographical summary and interview history. Stone compiled the index.
- 4.35 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This project is a cooperative, interdisciplinary, inter-institutional effort by the Oral History Program, State Historical Society of Wisconsin, Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, and Frank Lloyd Wright Archives, and is intended to preserve the recollections of selected former associates of Frank Lloyd Wright from 1932 to 1959. It is funded in part by a grant from the Design Arts Program of the National Endowment for the Arts.