Interview of Elizabeth B. Kubler
President of City Spirit Artists, Inc. and vice president of Long Wharf Theatre.
- Art Historian
- Art History - Oral Documentation Project
- Kubler, Elizabeth B.
- Persons Present:
- Elizabeth Kubler, George Kubler, Smith, and Reese.
- Place Conducted:
- Kubler's home in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Richard Cándida Smith, Associate Director/Principal Editor, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., Theater Arts, UCLA; M.A., Ph.D., United States History, UCLA. The interview was conducted by Thomas F. Reese, Deputy Director, Getty Center for the History of Art and the Humanities; B.A., Art History, Tulane University; M.A., Ph.D., Art History, Yale University.
- Processing of Interview:
- Vimala Jayanti, editor, edited the interview. She checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Kubler reviewed the transcript. She verified proper names and made minor corrections and additions. Teresa Barnett, senior editor, prepared the table of contents, biographical summary, and interview history. Lisa Magee, editorial assistant, compiled the index.
- 1.35 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- This series, a cooperative venture between the Oral History Program and the Getty Center for the History of Art and the Humanities, documents a generation of scholars who developed and elaborated paradigms of art history established in the late nineteenth century to forge a twentieth-century discipline.