Interview of Zelma Wilson
Architect and owner of the firm Zelma Wilson and Associates.
- Rebel and Architect
- Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Design
- Biographical Note:
- Architect and owner of the firm Zelma Wilson and Associates.
- Wilson, Zelma
- Persons Present:
- Wilson and Laskey.
- Place Conducted:
- Wilson's home in Ojai, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Marlene L. Laskey, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., political science, UCLA; has researched, organized, and conducted architectural tours of Los Angeles. Laskey prepared for the interview by conducting research on architectural trends and architectural training. She toured several structures of Wilson's design and also studied background works on the politics of the Cold War Hollywood community.
- Processing of Interview:
- Lisa Magee, editorial assistant, edited the interview. She checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Wilson reviewed the transcript. She verified proper names and made minor corrections and additions. Steven J. Novak, editor, prepared the table of contents, biographical summary, and interview history. Magee compiled the index.
- 11.75 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.