Interview of Ernie Andrews
Jazz, blues, and pop singer.
- Central Avenue Sounds: Ernie Andrews
- Central Avenue Sounds Oral History Project
- African American HistoryMusic
- Biographical Note:
- Jazz, blues, and pop singer.
- Andrews, Ernie
- Persons Present:
- Andrews and Isoardi.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Steven L. Isoardi, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., Government, University of San Francisco; M.A., Government, University of San Francisco; M.A., Political Science, UCLA; Ph.D., Political Science, UCLA. Isoardi prepared for the interview by consulting jazz histories, autobiographies, oral histories, relevant jazz periodicals, documentary films, and back issues of the California Eagle and the Los Angeles Sentinel.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Series Statement:
- Interviews in this series preserve the spoken memories of individuals, mainly musicians, who were raised near and/or performed on Los Angeles's Central Avenue from the late 1920s to the mid-1950s.