Interview of Vance Gerry
Animator for Walt Disney Studios and owner of Weather Bird Press, a printing company.
- The Books of the Weather Bird Press
- Film and TelevisionBooks and Fine Printing
- Gerry, Vance
- Persons Present:
- Gerry and Ziegler.
- Place Conducted:
- Tapes I and II: Powell Library, UCLA; Tape III: University Research Library, UCLA.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Rebecca Ziegler, Gold Shield Intern, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., history of religions, University of Chicago; M.A., folklore, UCLA; Ph.D., individual program, UCLA; M.L.S., UCLA. Ziegler prepared for the interview by reviewing the Weather Bird Press collection at UCLA's William Andrews Clark Memorial Library. The collection contains books and other items printed by Gerry, as well as the proof sheets, correspondence, sketches, and financial records related to his various printing jobs.
- Processing of Interview:
- Lisa White, editorial assistant, edited the interview. She checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Gerry reviewed the transcript. He verified proper names and made minor corrections and additions. Teresa Barnett, senior editor, prepared the table of contents and index. Rebecca Stone, editorial assistant, prepared the biographical summary and interview history.
- 6.75 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.