Interview of E. Maurice Bloch
UCLA professor of art history. Head of UCLA's Grunwald Center for the Graphic Arts.
- Collector and Connoisseur
- UCLA and University of California HistoryUCLA FacultyArt
- Biographical Note:
- UCLA professor of art history. Head of UCLA's Grunwald Center for the Graphic Arts.
- Bloch, E. Maurice
- Persons Present:
- Bloch and Galm.
- Place Conducted:
- Bloch's office at the Dickson Art Center, UCLA.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Bernard Galm, Senior Editor, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., English, Saint John's University, Minnesota; Fulbright Scholar, 1957-58, Free University, Berlin; Graduate Study, School of Drama, Yale University, Department of Theater Arts, UCLA. Galm prepared for the interview by reviewing material in UCLA's University Archives relating to the College of Fine Arts and the Department of Art. He also reviewed Bloch's publications and conducted background interviews with Bloch's associates at UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- Teresa Barnett, editor, edited the interview. She checked the verbatim transcript against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. The edited transcript was sent to Bloch in September 1988. He died before reviewing the transcript, and thus some of the proper names remain unverified. Steven J. Novak, editor, prepared the table of contents and interview history. Richard Candida Smith, principal editor, compiled the index.
- 24.4 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.