Interview of Samuel Lunden
- Personal Service to the Client
- Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Design
- Biographical Note:
- Lunden, Samuel
- Persons Present:
- Lunden and Valentine.
- Place Conducted:
- Lunden's home in Palos Verdes, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Martha Valentine, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., American history, California State University, Northridge; Ph.D., architecture and urban planning, UCLA; Archivist, Department of Special Collections, UCLA. Valentine prepared for the interview by conducting research for the interview in sources suggested by Lunden at a pre-interview meeting.
- Processing of Interview:
- George Hodak, editorial assistant, edited the interview. He checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. The edited transcript was sent to Lunden in December 1987. He made extensive changes and verified proper names and returned the draft in May 1988. Teresa Barnett, editor, prepared the table of contents. Paul Winters, editorial assistant, prepared the biographical summary and interview history. Alex Cline, assistant editor, prepared the index.
- 7.65 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.