Interview of Samuel W. Yorty
Mayor of Los Angeles from 1961 to 1973 and member of the U.S. House of Representatives from 1951 to 1955.
- Ask the Mayor
- Politics and Government
- Yorty, Samuel W.
- Persons Present:
- Yorty, Rudd, and Yorty's wife, Gloria Haig Yorty.
- Place Conducted:
- Yorty's home in Studio City, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Hynda Rudd, Los Angeles city archivist; B.S., history, University of Utah; M.S., history, University of Utah; M.S.L.S., University of Southern California.
- Processing of Interview:
- Virginia Carew, assistant editor, edited the transcript. She checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Yorty reviewed and approved the edited transcript. Teresa Barnett, editor, prepared the table of contents, biographical summary, interview history, and index.
- 5 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.