Interview of Kenneth Donahue
Director of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Collections and Programs at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Biographical Note:
- Director of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Donahue, Kenneth
- Place Conducted:
- Tapes I to VIII: Donahue's home in Brentwood, California; Tape IX: Los Angeles County Museum of Art in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by George M. Goodwin, freelance consultant, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., art history, Lake Forest College; M.A., history, Columbia University; Ph.D., art education, Stanford University. Goodwin prepared for the interview by using his doctoral dissertation research concerning the educational functions of museums had been conducted in Los Angeles. He utilized this research along with his employment as curator of education at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Processing of Interview:
- Bernard Galm edited the interview. He checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings and edited for punctuation, paragraphing, and spelling, and verified proper names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Donahue died before the edited transcript was completed. In May 1986 a copy of the transcript was sent to his wife, Daisy Donahue, along with a list of queries and names requiring identification. Daisy Donahue approved the transcript and returned it in July of the same year. Richard Candida Smith, principal editor, reviewed the transcript. Teresa Barnett, editor, prepared the index and front matter.
- 13 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.