Interview of Paul Laszlo
Architect and interior designer.
- Designing With Spirit
- Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Design
- Biographical Note:
- Architect and interior designer.
- Laszlo, Paul
- Persons Present:
- László and Laskey.
- Place Conducted:
- László's apartment in Santa Monica, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Marlene L. Laskey, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., political science, UCLA; has researched, organized, and conducted architectural tours of Los Angeles.
- Processing of Interview:
- Carey Southall, editorial assistant, edited the interview. He checked a verbatim transcript against the original recordings and edited for punctuation, paragraphing, spelling, and verified proper nouns. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. The final manuscript remains in the same order as the taped material. The edited transcript was returned to László in September 1985, along with a list of queries and of names requiring identification. He made a number of changes and additions, which are indicated in the manuscript. He returned the approved transcript in October of the same year. Richard Cándida Smith, principal editor, reviewed the transcript. Teresa Barnett, editorial assistant, prepared the front matter and index.
- 9 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.