Interview of Arthur Gould
Deputy superintendent of the Los Angeles City School District.
- Forty Years in Education in Southern California (1904-1944)
- Biographical Note:
- Deputy superintendent of the Los Angeles City School District.
- Gould, Arthur
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewee Retained Copyright
- Early career in San Diego secondary schools; founding San Diego Junior College; thirty-six years as deputy superintendent of Los Angeles City Schools, 1918-44; Los Angeles school curriculum; various Los Angeles Boards of Education with different political positions; participation in Eight-Year Study of Progressive Education Association; prob-lems in relations between high schools and universities; federal aid to education; pressure groups in education; acceleration in schools; university extension work; teaching University of California classes in education, psychology, and law; value of organizational activities.