Interview of Thomas H. Garver
Director of the Newport Harbor Art Museum.
- Museums and the Art of Our Time
- Garver, Thomas H.
- Persons Present:
- Garver and Goodwin.
- Place Conducted:
- Garver's home in Costa Mesa, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by George M. Goodwin, freelance consultant, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., art history, Lake Forest College; M.A., history, Columbia University; Ph.D., art education, Stanford University.
- Processing of Interview:
- Rick Harmon edited the interview. The verbatim transcript was checked against the original tape recordings and edited for punctuation, paragraphing, spelling, and verification of proper nouns. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. The final manuscript follows the same order as the original taped interview. In January 1983 the edited transcript was sent to Garver along with a list of queries and names requiring identification. Garver approved the transcript and returned it in July of the same year. The transcript was reviewed by Richard Candida Smith, principal editor. The index was compiled by Patrick Delaney and Teresa Barnett, editorial assistants, and the front matter was also prepared by Teresa Barnett.
- 10 hrs.
- Interviewee Retained Copyright