Interview of Juliet Man Ray
Wife of artist Man Ray.
- Days and Nights of Juliet
- Man Ray, Juliet
- Persons Present:
- Man Ray and Goodwin.
- Place Conducted:
- Man Ray's friend's home in Beverly Hills, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by George M. Goodwin, freelance consultant, UCLA Oral History Program; B.A., art history, Lake Forest College; M.A., art history, Columbia University; Ph.D., art education, Stanford University. Goodwin prepared for the interview by re-reading Man Ray's autobiography, Self-Portrait (London: Andre Deutsch, 1963). He also reviewed Man Ray's exhibition catalogs.
- Processing of Interview:
- Editing was done by Connie Bullock, editor. Oral History Program. She checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original recordings and edited for punctuation, spelling, paragraphing, and the verification of proper nouns. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Man Ray, living in Paris, did not review the edited transcript. Bullock also prepared the front matter and index.
- 1 hr.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.