Interview of Dione Neutra
Wife of architect Richard Nuestra.
- To Tell the Truth
- Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Design
- Biographical Note:
- Wife of architect Richard Nuestra.
- Neutra, Dione
- Persons Present:
- Neutra and Weschler. Bernard Galm and Rebecca Andrade were present during the video session.
- Place Conducted:
- Neutra's home in Silver Lake, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Lawrence Weschler, assistant editor, Oral History Program, UCLA; B.A., philosophy and cultural history, UC Santa Cruz.
- Processing of Interview:
- Editing was done by the interviewer. He checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings and edited for punctuation and paragraphing and the verification and spelling of person and place names. Words and phrases inserted by the editor for clarity have been bracketed. Mrs. Neutra reviewed and approved the edited transcripts, answering the editor's queries. At this time and on several subsequent occasions, she sought to reassure herself that the material that was to be sealed had been handled in accordance with her wishes. All of Tape VIII and the first side of Tape IX are sealed as are brief passages elsewhere throughout the manuscript. All passages thus sealed are clearly marked and are separately indexed. When the period of restriction has elapsed. Tapes VIII and IX (Side One) will be bound with a table of contents and the index of all sealed material. (There is no Tape IV, Side One, or Tape VII, Side Two.) Mitch Tuchman, principal editor, reviewed the transcript before final typing and prepared the front matter and index. Hines wrote the introduction.
- 14 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.