Interview of Henry James Forman
Author and editor for the New York Sun, Literary Digest, North American Review, and Collier’s.
- So Brief the Time
- Forman, Henry James
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Doyce B. Nunis.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Early career as reporter on New York Sun, 1903-5; editor for Appleton's magazine, 1905, Literary Digest, 1905, North American Review, 1906-10, and Collier's Weekly, 1913-18; author of travel accounts, sociological studies, novels, psychological murder mysteries, and religious studies; London literary scene, 1910s through 1930s; travels in Europe and the Far East; Arnold Bennett, William Dean Howells, D. H. Lawrence, Theodore Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw, May Sinclair, Mark Twain, H. G. Wells, and Woodrow Wilson.