Interview of W. W. Robinson
Vice-president of Title Guarantee and Trust Company. Author of works on Southern California history.
- From Land Titles to Book Titles
- Books and Fine Printing
- Robinson, W. W.
- Persons Present:
- Robinson, Wutkee, and Robinson's wife Irene Bowen Robinson was present during several sessions.
- Place Conducted:
- Robinson's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Winston Wutkee, assistant editor, Oral History Program, UCLA; B.A., history, UCLA; M.A., history, California State University, Los Angeles; Instructor, history and geology, College of the Canyons, Valencia, California.
- Processing of Interview:
- Editing was done by the interviewer. He checked the verbatim transcript of the interview against the original tape recordings, edited for paragraphing, spelling, and punctuation, and verified proper nouns. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. The final manuscript remains in the same order as the original taped material. Robinson died while in the process of reviewing the edited transcript; therefore no changes were made. Returned to the program, the transcript was reviewed by editor Joel Gardner before it was typed in final form. He also prepared the index. Daniel Luckenbill, assistant to the manuscript librarian, wrote the introduction. Other front matter was prepared by program staff.
- 27 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.