Interview of Earl J. Miller (1975)
UCLA professor of economics.
- UCLA Dean of Undergraduates
- UCLA and University of California HistoryUCLA Administration
- Biographical Note:
- UCLA professor of economics.
- Miller, Earl J.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Youth in Iowa; teaching in South Dakota country school; education at Simpson College, Iowa; graduate work, University of Illinois, 1922; teaching economics, University of Illinois, 1922-23; assistant professor of economics, University of California, Southern Branch, 1923; representative of administration, Student Council, 1923-60; appointed first dean of men, 1924; retitled dean of undergraduates, 1937; promoting extracurricular student activities; William Spaulding; faculty representative, Pacific Coast Conference; Ernest Carroll Moore; student union building; relations with University of Southern California; Dean of Women Helen M. Laughlin; Howard Noble; Vern O. Knudsen; Gustave O. Arlt; loyalty oath; Hurford Stone; Clyde Johnson; Byron H. Atkinson; UCLA during World War II; administration and faculty contact with student groups.