Interview of Annita Delano
UCLA professor of art.
- Southwest Artist and Educator
- UCLA and University of California HistoryArtUCLA Faculty
- Delano, Annita
- Place Conducted:
- Delano's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by James V. Mink, University Archivist and Director, Oral History Program; B.A., M.A., history; B.L.S., UC Berkeley; Certificate in Archival Administration and Preservation, American University, Washington, D.C. Mink prepared for the interview by accessing personal papers of the respondent. He also introduced art department records from the Chancellor's Office during the interview to substantiate or refute statements by the respondent and to prompt her memory regarding the history of the department.
- Processing of Interview:
- Editing was done by Joel Gardner, Editor, UCLA Oral History Program. He checked the verbatim transcript against the original tape recordings and edited for punctuation, spelling, paragraphing, and verification of proper and place names. Few stylistic changes were made. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. The final manuscript remains in the same order as the original taped material. Delano reviewed and approved the edited transcript, making no deletions and few additions. She assisted in supplying spellings of names not previously verified. The index was prepared by Joel Gardner, who reviewed the edited transcript before final typing and wrote the introduction. Other front matter was prepared by the Program staff.
- 17 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.