Interview of John E. Canaday
Member of the University of California Board of Regents.
- Alumni Officer and University Regent
- UCLA and University of California HistoryUC Regents
- Biographical Note:
- Member of the University of California Board of Regents.
- Canaday, John E.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.
- Youth and early education in Indiana; DePauw University; move to California; attendance at University of California, Southern Branch; bond campaign for Westwood campus; involvement with Alumni Association; description of Westwood campus, 1929; campaign for graduate program; publication of California of the Southland; Lockheed Corporation; membership on University of California Board of Regents; loyalty oath issue; Angela Davis; UCLA personalities: Ernest Carroll Moore, Alex MacGillivray, Frederick Woellner, Robert Campbell, Joe Valentine, William C. Ackerman, Robert Gordon Sproul, Clarence A. Dykstra, Dean McHenry; UCLA buildings; William Andrews Clark Memorial Library given to UCLA; Pauley Pavilion; relations between governors and UC regents; Clark Kerr; Raymond B. Allen, Vern O. Knudsen, and Franklin D. Murphy; development of UC system.