Interview of Eason Monroe
Executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). Chair of San Francisco State College’s Department of Education.
- Safeguarding Civil Liberties
- Social MovementsCivil Liberties
- Monroe, Eason
- Place Conducted:
- Monroe's home in Los Angeles, California.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the office are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by Joel R. Gardner, Editor-Interviewer, UCLA Oral History Program; BA, MA, French, Tulane University; MA, journalism, UCLA.
- Processing of Interview:
- Editing was performed by Mr. Gardner, who checked the verbatim transcript for accuracy and edited it for punctuation, paragraphing, spelling, and verification of proper names. The final manuscript remains in the same order as the taped material. Words or phrases introduced by the editor have been bracketed. Mr. Monroe reviewed and approved the edited transcript. He made minor corrections and deletions and supplied spellings of names that had not been verified previously. The index was prepared by the interviewer, who also wrote the introduction. Front matter was assembled by the Program's staff.
- 12 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.