Interview of Lawrence Clark Powell (1973)
Librarian, author, and bibliographer. UCLA university librarian and dean of the UCLA School of Library Service.
- Looking Back at Sixty: Recollections of Lawrence Clark Powell, Librarian, Teacher, and Writer
- UCLA FacultyUCLA LibrariansBooks and Fine Printing
- Powell, Lawrence Clark
- Persons Present:
- Powell and Mink.
- Place Conducted:
- Lawrence Clark Powell's office in Powell Library, UCLA.
- Supporting Documents:
- Records relating to the interview are located in the office of the UCLA Library's Center for Oral History Research.
- Interviewer Background and Preparation:
- The interview was conducted by James V. Mink, University Archivist and Director, Oral History Program, UCLA; B.A., M.A., history, UCLA; B.L.S., librarianship, UC Berkeley; Certificate in Archival Administration and Preservation, American University, Washington, D.C.
- Processing of Interview:
- Editing was done by Winston Wutkee, Assistant Editor, UCLA Oral History Program. The verbatim transcript was checked against the original tape recordings and edited for punctuation, paragraphing, correct spelling, and verification of proper and place names. The final manuscript remains in the same order as the original taped material. Words and phrases inserted by the editor have been bracketed. Powell reviewed and approved the manuscript. He made minor corrections and deletions and supplied spelling of names that had not been verified previously. The index was compiled by Joel Gardner, Editor, Oral History Program. The introduction was contributed by Ward Ritchie, lifelong friend of the respondent. The manuscript was reviewed by Bernard Galm, Senior Editor. The Program's staff prepared the other matter.
- 16 hrs.
- Regents of the University of California, UCLA Library.